By Karen Posada
This month of February continues to give us films not worthy of the number one spot in the box office. Mark Wahlberg’s thriller ‘Contraband’ appeared at number one this past weekend. This American version of the Icelandic film collected $24.1 million in the United States.
The remake of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ in 3D arrived at second place with $18.5 million dollars. Which tells us that the Disney classics continue to please children in every way.
The action film ‘Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol’ fell to third place with $11.5 million dollars. ‘Joyful Noise’ another crappy movie this month gives us, which seems to be unfortunately the rule for the beginning of the year.
The Top 10 in the Box Office are:
1.Contraband -$24.1 million
2. Beauty and the Beast 3D -$18.5 million
3. Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol -$11.5 million
4. Joyful Noise -$11.3 million
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows -$8.4 million
6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -$8.3 million
7. The Devil Inside -$7.9 million
8. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked -$ 5.8 million
9. War Horse -$5.6 million
10. The Iron Lady -$ 5.4 million