By Jack Rico
Thank you for listening to episode 31 of the Highly Relevant podcast. It’s testosterone week! On this episode we get some LOWRIDER culture! Theo Rossi, known for his work as “Juice” Ortiz in Sons of Anarchy, joins me to talk about his new role in the Latino film LOWRIDERS! We also go one on one with two of the toughest men in MMA – the CEO and President of Combate Americas – Campbell McClaren and Alberto “El Patron” Rodriguez, formerly known to many WWE fans as Alberto Del Rio, in what I can only describe as an uncensored, candid and entertaining interview with two men in search of becoming the #1 MMA federation in the world. And we also review Charlie Hunnam’s new action adventure film – King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, plus, a listen at my week’s favorite music playlist and a recap of the top stories in US Latino pop culture this week!
Theo Rossi interview 1:12
– His role and why did he choose to be part of Lowriders
– How much of the lowrider culture did he know before he started working in the film?
– Thoughts on Lowriders success and added pressure of being successful so more heads of studios feel comfortable in telling more Latino stories
– Thoughts on the enduring quality of movie
– Theo’s heritage
Combate Americas interview with UFC co-founder Campbell McClaren and Alberto “El Patron” Rodriguez, formerly known to many WWE fans as Alberto Del Rio – 14:18
– Hiring Alberto “El Patron” Rodriguez to be President of Combate Americas – 15:23
– What does McClaren see with Combate Americas that he didn’t see with UFC – 19:24
– Reaching the Latino millennial audience/Media strategy – 21:48
– John Castañeda – 25:41
– Showmanship for athletes – 31:07
– Will Alberto “El Patron” Rodriguez return to MMA for a one time heavyweight fight? – 35:15
– The future of Combate Americas 5 years from now – 37:50
What I’m listening to this week – 40:12
– Goodbye After Tomorrow – Juanes
– Safe – Bay Ledges
– Aquel Incendio – Sara Valenzuela
Review of King Arthur: Legend of the Sword – 41:07
You’d like to give us your feedback or get a shout-out? Email us at email@example.com and help us spread the word on social media. If you enjoyed this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and please subscribe.