By Jack Rico
05.5.2013 | By Jack Rico |
$175.3 million dollars for three days of movie watching!? That is what Marvel’s IRON MAN 3 accomplished in its domestic debut, positioning it as the second-highest grossing debut of all time behind Marvel’s The Avengers ($207M).
The film will cross the $600M global box office threshold today after just 12 days of release, with an estimated global cume of $680.1M.
Internationally, it has earned an estimated $504.8M. Disney has now crossed the $1B threshold at the international box office for 2013, the fastest the Studio has reached this milestone and the 19th consecutive year that Disney has crossed $1B at the international box office.
Here are the stats for IRON MAN 3 for the last 12 days and how it achieved its gargantuan legendary numbers:
DOMESTIC WKND ESTIMATE (May 3-5): $175.3M at 4,253 locations. Weekend theater average: $41,218.
· Single-day estimates: $68.3M Friday (including Thursday night shows), $62.2M Saturday, $44.8M Sunday.
INTERNATIONAL WKND ESTIMATE (May 3-5): $175.9M
ESTIMATED DOMESTIC CUME: $175.3 MILLION
ESTIMATED INTERNATIONAL CUME: $504.8 MILLION
ESTIMATED GLOBAL CUME: $680.1 MILLION
· Iron Man 3 has passed the total global box office of Iron Man ($585M), Iron Man 2 ($624M), Thor ($449M), and Captain America ($369M).
· Internationally, Iron Man 3 has passed the total international box office of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($267M), Thor ($268M) and Iron Man 2 ($312M).
· Biggest opening day of all time in China, Russia, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, Ukraine.
· Biggest opening weekend of all time in Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
· Biggest opening weekend of all time in Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore , Thailand, South Africa, UAE.
· Biggest Marvel opening weekend in China, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Romania, New Zealand, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia.
Performance to date – key territories
China – $63.5M
Korea – $42.6M
UK – $38.3M
Mexico – $35.8M
Brazil – $30.1M
Australia – $28.4M
France – $27.8M
Russia – $21.7M
Italy – $17.4M
Japan – $16.4M
Taiwan – $15.1M
Philippines – $12.3M
Indonesia – $10.6M
HK – $10.5M
Malaysia – $10.5M
Germany – $10.0M
Other – $113.8M
Total – $504.8M