By Jack Rico
SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED A GOOD LAUGH AT THE END OF A LONG DAY AND IT SOUNDS LIKE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THAT WITH A NEW COMEDY COMING OUT…
FUN MOM DINNER – RATED R – AUGUST 4TH
It’s SIXTEEN CANDLES meets BAD MOMS. Four moms get together for a mom’s dinner, but it quickly turns into an unforgettable night. It stars – Toni Collette, Molly Shannon, Adam Scott, Paul Rudd, even Adam Levine who plays a bartender. One of the stand out things about this movie is that it has an all female crew. Its also written by Julie Rudd who is Paul Rudd’s wife.
AND FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO HEAD IN ANOTHER DIRECTION, STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER WAS TURNED INTO A MOVIE…WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THAT?
THE DARK TOWER – PG 13– AUGUST 4th
– It’s based on a series of books from Stephen King, it’s a classic tale between good vs evil; about a Dark Tower which holds the universe together.
– It stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey
-According to Rolling Stone, this project has been in the works for over a decade, its considered to be Stephen King’s masterpiece story.
THERE’S A NEW MOVIE COMING OUT THAT’S GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR OUR YOUNG ONES AT HOME?
LEAP! – PG – AUGUST 25TH
– This is an animated movie that carries a great message of pursuing your dreams to the fullest. It’s about a young girl who dreams of going to Paris to become a dancer.
– It’s voiced by Elle Fanning, Nat Wolff, Mel Brooks, and Kate McKinnon
– The soundtrack has some power to it too with music from Demi Lovato, Sia, and Carly Rae Jepsen.
AND WE EVEN HAVE A TV MOVIE FROM OUR SISTER NETWORK SYFY THAT INCLUDES ONE OF OUR VERY OWN, AL ROKER?
SHARKNADO 5: GLOBAL SWARMING MOVIE AUGUST 6TH 8PM
– Sharknado returns; This is the 5th movie in the franchise
– It stars Ian Shearing, Tara Reid and our very own Al Roker!
– Our heroes travel around the world to save their young son who’s trapped inside a sharknado.
SPEAKING OF TV, WE HAVE A LOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO ON THE SMALL SCREEN AS WELL. IN AUGUST EVERYONE’S FAVORITE “FIXER” RAY DONOVAN IS BACK…WHAT CAN WE EXPECT TO SEE FROM HIM THIS SEASON?
RAY DONOVAN / SHOWTIME/ AUGUST 6TH AT 9PM
– It’s the 5th season, Susan Sarandon joins the ensemble.
– Liev Schrieber returns as a problem fixer for the rich and famous.
– He’s said this season is an absolute shocker and it has to do with Sarandon’s character.
AND IS IT TRUE THAT AMERICA MAY NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND IN ORDER TO GET THEIR WEEKEND UPDATE NEXT MONTH HERE ON NBC?
SNL’s WEEKEND UPDATE: SUMMER EDITION / NBC / AUGUST 10TH 9PM
– If you’re going through SNL withdrawals, there’s WEEKEND UPDATE: SUMMER EDITION which begins Aug 10th. at 9pm on NBC
– It’s going to be 4 weekly, half hour shows, I’m sure tackling the top stories of the week
– Colin Jost and Michael Che will once again be the anchors.