This year all five members of the coveted 80s American boy band New Kids on the Block are all between 41 and 45 years old, but that didn’t stop them from putting together a 15 stop European tour starting this May. The theme of the series of concerts is an “intimate evening” which the band members are honoring by playing in various small venues across Europe.
“We’ve played arenas, and stadiums, all over the world in the last 6 years,” the band said in a press release. “Yet, some of our best concerts have been in the most intimate of venues, where we are closer to our amazing fans. In fact, we all agree that London’s Hammersmith Apollo was without question one of our favorite concerts ever! This tour gives us a chance to have that intimacy with our fans again, to get up close and intimate with the best fans in the world.”
As long as there are devoted fans demanding more music and facetime with the guys, there will be a supply, and these “kids” have love to give it.
The group actually got together again back in 2008 and released “The Block,” their fifth studio album and first musical project as a group in 14 years. The record debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. Top Pop Albums chart and at No. 2 on the Billboard 200. Their first single was “Single” ft. Ne-Yo. They later went on to release “10,” a return to a more old school sound, but didn’t do as well as “The Block”. Nevertheless, the tours were sellouts all over and still are.
From 2008 until 2012, the band toured a decent amount including a tour with The Backstreet Boys with which they formed the super band NKOTBSB.
Tickets for the shows go on sale Friday, Feb. 7 at 9 a.m. and include three special VIP packages that can each get you an even more intimate experience with the band.
2014 May/June Europe tour dates:
- May 6th Stockholm The Annex (Sweden)
- May 7th Oslo Sentrum Scene (Norway)
- May 8th Copenhagen Falconer Theater (Denmark)
- May 10th Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall (Netherlands)
- May 11th Paris Olympia (France)
- May 13th Zurich Hallenstadion (Switzerland)
- May 15th Vienna Gasometer (Austria)
- May 17th Frankfurt Jahrhunderthalle (Germany)
- May 19th Cologne Palladium (Germany)
- May 21st Berlin Tempordrom (Germany)
- May 27th London Eventim Apollo (UK)
- May 28th London Eventim Apollo (UK)
- May 30th Manchester O2 Apollo (UK)
- May 31st Birmingham NIA (UK)
- June 1st Glasgow Clyde Auditorium (UK)